23 Mar COVID 19/Corona Virus Update
For the moment we are open for patients. We rely for advice from the government and the collective view of our team. So far we remain open for a number of reasons;
- As frontline healthcare workers we are needed to address healthcare issues
- Public Health England and our professional body have advised us that so long as we take all necessary precautions we are safe to treat.
- These precautions include;
- Asking if anyone has been diagnosed with COVID 19 in the last 14 days in your family.
- Asking everyone to stay in their car and call us when you are parked. The physio will come and wait for you in the conservatory. If no-one answers the phone the physio will still come down to look for you. This avoids you waiting in reception and protects reception staff
- You will be asked to wash your hands in the cloakroom before entering the premises.
- Asking you to pay for your treatment either by phone or bank transfer to avoid using the credit card machine and maintaining social distancing from reception staff
- Ensuring all equipment is sanitized between patients
- All paper and clinical waste goes into appropriate waste disposal.
Our patients last week were so grateful to receive treatment as so many rely on us for their rehabilitation or simply to stay mobile. Also patients in pain waiting for operations now cancelled or rehabilitating after one.
The physios were heartened by your positive comments and we thank you in this difficult time.
We do not wish to put more pressure on the NHS by closing. If you are in acute pain and do not wish to go to A & E we are here at least for the time being.
I will post updates as soon as anything changes so please keep looking here.